BHASVIC ELMS BUILDING
205 DYKE ROAD, HOVE BN3 6EG
Replacement of unsightly temporary teaching accommodation with an exemplar, state of the art and much needed new teaching facility. The new four-storey Elms Building is sympathetic and complimentary to the historic corner ‘main building’ providing over 2,820m2 of additional teaching and specialist floor space including STEM laboratories, recording studio and media ‘Green Room’. The new building also creates an external performance space.
Submitted by: HNW Architects, Chichester www.hnw.co.uk
Architect: Steve Duffy, HNW Architects
Site Manager: Terry Rowe, Brymor Construction, Denmead www.brymor.co.uk
Contractors: Brymor Construction
Other: Andrew White, Mace Group, Winchester www.macegroup.com
BOGNOR REGIS BANDSTAND
THE PROMENADE, BOGNOR REGIS
The 1920’s Grade II listed bandstand was originally in Cheltenham and was relocated to Bognor Regis promenade in 1948. Arun District Council’s brief was to carry out appropriate conservation works and to improve accessibility to enable it to be used for a wider range of community events. Skilled traditional craftsmen were employed including an ironwork foundry to repair and reinstate the metal balustrading and a specialist in sheet metal roofing to replace the copper roof covering.
Submitted by: Sloane & Brown Ltd, Chichester www.sloaneandbrown.co.uk
Architect: Phil Brown, Sloane & Brown Ltd.Site Manager: Falcon Homes, Bognor Regis www.falconhomes.co.uk
Contractors: Falcon Homes (Groundwork, Brickwork, Handrails, Carpentry, Repairs, Decorating) | Kingsley Roofing Ltd, Ferring www.kingsleyroofing.co.uk | Bradley Electrical Ltd, Bognor Regis www.bradleyelectrical.co.uk
Craftsmen: Fran Keeley (Floor Tiling), Bognor Regis | Calibre Metalwork, Stockport www.calibremetalwork.co.uk